Sunday, December 20, 2015

EXCLUSIVE Actor Spotlight: Lauren Taylor 'Best Friends Whenever' Star

From the city of San Diego, California comes a multi-talented seventeen year old young lady by the name of Lauren Taylor. Lauren who just started acting two years ago has starred in couple of different movies and TV shows such as TV series Richie Rich as Harper Rich and most recently as Shelby Marcus in the Disney Channel series 'Best Friends Whenever'.

Recently we had the opportunity to interview this multi-talented seventeen year old on her acting career and more. Here is what she had to say to us.

When did you start acting? 
I started acting about two years ago.  Before that, I did musical theater at my school.  When we moved to Los Angeles for my mom's job, I decided to try acting professionally and then I started on Richie Rich.

Was it your dream to be an actress?
Absolutely!  I'd always loved acting from a young age, but I never believed I would be able to do it for a living!

Are there challenges pursuing a acting career?

There are a lot of obstacles you can run into and each person's journey is much different from the last, but if acting is something that's very important to you, you must persevere.

Do you remember your first acting job, tell us about it?
My first acting job was on the Netflix series Richie Rich, which is really funny because the first time I met Landry, she and I were auditioning for Richie Rich!  The series was really fun and a great first job.

You play Shelby on the Disney Channel series 'Best Friends Whenever'. Tell us about your character?
Shelby is an unconditionally kind, smart, quirky girl who's extremely positive.  She's such an inspiring character and I absolutely love to portray her.

What do fans have to look forward to in future episodes of 'Best Friends Whenever'?
A lot of excitement!  A lot of things will happen to change things for the girls, so stay tuned!

How does the cast get ready for scenes?
Everyone has their own process.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in acting?
Work hard and you will be successful.

What do you hope your fans can take away from your acting?
I hope I can inspire fans to be as kind and positive as Shelby is.

It's hard to find free time while busy on projects. When you do, how do you spend it?
I spend it either making music or spending time at the beach.

Do your family and friends support you?
Absolutely.  I'm so lucky to have such a good group around me.

Who inspires you with your acting?
Angelina Jolie and Leonardo DiCaprio are definitely two of my favorites.

What do you hope to accomplish with your acting?
I hope I can use my acting to inspire others to follow their dreams and be who they are.

Is education important to you?
Education is extremely important to me.  I think it's very important to always learn as much as you can about yourself and the world surrounding you.

Do you have any other talents?
I'm a singer and a musician. I'm working on some upcoming music and can't wait to share it!

We want to send a thank you to Lauren for answering our questions about her acting career and more.

You will be able to see her in new episodes of 'Best Friends Whenever' returning to Disney Channel in the new year, stay tuned for an exact date.

Make sure sure to follow her on Twitter by clicking here and Facebook here. Lauren also a website you can check out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment